Roof Surveys & Quotations
A thorough and accurate regime of professional roof inspection basically pays for itself, as by spotting damage or problem areas early you can potentially save thousands of pounds. The price of a roof survey pales into comparison when considered against costly roof repairs and the associated fees you’ll shell out to deal with water and wind damage.
Regular and thorough visual inspections will determine the health and condition of any roofing system and will lead to early detection of problems, protection of assets, and maintenance of safe working environments for building occupants.
What types of roofs and roofing materials do we inspect?
We are qualified to inspect all types of roof designs; pitched roofs (including vertical/mansard areas), flat roofs (including protected membrane & barrel roofs), car parks, balconies and industrial roofs.
Roof coverings inspected are usually constructed from:
- Natural slate
- Artificial slate
- Clay tiles
- Concrete tiles
- Metal slates/tiles
- Felt membranes including Hot Melt Systems
- Single-ply membranes
- Mastic asphalt
- Liquid applied membranes including fibreglass/GRP
- Profiled Steel & Fibre Cement Sheeting and Cladding
- Sheet Metal (Lead & Copper)
Which components of a roofing system do we ensure we inspect?
All our roofing inspections are carried out to a set of procedures depending on the existing design and existing type of coverings. We use checklists to ensure these procedures are thoroughly followed so nothing is overlooked. Using our skills and experience we look for any defects however minor which are currently causing water ingress problems or may potentially lead to future problems.
Examples of roofing components inspected include:
- Roof coverings to the main (or field) areas
- Ridge tiles including mortar and fixings condition
- Roofline Products - Fascia, Soffit & Barge Boards
- Rainwater systems
- Pitched Valleys & Internal Box Gutters
- Chimney Stacks including chimney pots, flaunching & flashings
- Parapet Walls & Copings
- Rooflights to all types of roof coverings
- Flat Roof Decking checked for soft areas caused by water ingress or condensation
- Condensation or Cold Bridging Issues within the loft space or rooms directly below the loft.
- Overall Pitched Roof Structure; we check externally and internally for any signs a roof structure may be sagging or spreading if unfit for purpose. We also check internally if purlins or any other roof timbers are sufficiently supported.
Who would require a Roofing Inspection?
Pople Roofing carry out roofing inspections for a wide and diverse range clients throughout the residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
Examples of our main client base include:
- Homeowners/Property Owners/Landlords - Prudent and proactive property owners request periodic roofing inspections to ensure their property is well maintained, thus minimising the risks of disruption and high costs incurred when a roofing system fails.
Roofing Inspections are also required in the unfortunate situation when the quality of workmanship of recently completed roofing works is in dispute and a 100% independent and impartial viewpoint is required.
Property vendors request roofing inspections to date record and provide evidence of the current condition of their property's roof coverings to estate agents and their clients.
- Home Buyers - After a potential Home Buyer has already obtained a RICS Home Condition Report and/or Home Buyer Report, they may decide they would like a separate inspection of the roof coverings of their new dream home for peace of mind. We will provide a more specific and detailed inspection of all roof areas using the safest and most cost effective method at our disposal. We will also include a visual inspection of the roof coverings and structural timbers from within the loft space if accessible.
- Insurance Companies - A roofing inspection is required by some Insurance Companies on certain properties to enable them to prepare a policy quotation for a new client. This initial inspection will provide a date stamped visual record of the condition of the new policyholder's roof coverings at the commencement of cover to minimise the risk of a dispute should any future claims arise.
In addition to the above, more and more Insurance Companies are requesting annual roofing inspections are carried out in order to maintain existing building cover under their terms of business.
- Loss Adjusters & Loss Assessors - When a roof covering has been damaged by storms, fire or any other reason, our services are often required to provide specialist assistance in our qualified capacity as roofing experts to give the best possible advice and recommendations.
- Chartered Building Surveyors - We work closely with Chartered Building Surveyors providing specialist roofing inspections when required.
- CLetting Agencies - We provide roofing inspections for Letting Agents to provide a date stamped visual record of the condition of the condition of their client's roof coverings at the commencement of a lease agreement. This information is particularly useful for both Landlords and Tenants with a full repairing lease agreement or for comparing to the condition of the roof coverings at the end of the lease term.
- Solicitors - We provide roofing inspections for solicitors and their clients whenever there is a requirement for visual evidence during a legal dispute. Our inspections will provide unbiased and impartial observations of the health and integrity of any roof coverings which may be in dispute.
- Rooflights to all types of roof coverings
Detailed, Visual roof condition report
Following directly on from carrying out a thorough Roofing Inspection we will generate a concise visual Roofing Condition Report containing our observations and recommendations providing solutions to your current roofing problems.
The report is produced to provide an impartial and objective opinion about the condition of the roof area(s) at the time of inspection.
The Condition Report objectives and aims are:
- The construction and condition of the roof area(s) on the date it was inspected
- Any defects that need urgent attention or are hazardous
- Items that need further investigation to prevent serious damage to the fabric of the Building and defects or issues which may be hazardous to safety and where further enquiries are needed.
What some of Our Client Says
All of Pople Roof Specialists are taken from Checkatrade
Arrived on time. Worked well as a team. Well turned out , polite and respectful. Working from a flat roof, on to a slate one, both of which they protected. Replaced additional cracked slate. Left site as they found it, clear and tidy. If you need roofing work use this Company.
This job was completed under very difficult circumstances as we had heavy snow and high winds after they had started. The roof remained water tight and the job was completed as quickly as possible despite the weather. The workmen tidied up very well when they had finished and were very polite and courteous at all times.
Would highly recommend. Very efficient. Quotes returned with in the hour. Always informed straight away, if more work needed doing. No pressure to have it done. Roofers were brilliant, friendly, didn't feel like a stranger in your own home. They done a excellent job. Fab finish. Can't praise the team enough.